Welcome to Fastpitch Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Where to Place a Pro Team?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

KCSoftball

KCSoftball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1440 posts
  • Interests:Fastpitch Softball and more Fastpitch Softball

A little exercise for all of you: what do you think are the best 8 cities to host a "full-time" women's/men's pro softball team? One that you feel would support a team! Name the metro area & the city in it that you think is the best location!

My thoughts so far are as follows:

California - San Jose, Anaheim, Upland, Burbank, San Francisco, Sacramento & Fresno.

Texas - East Forth Worth, North Dallas, Round Rock (I-35 & 45), North Houston and Sugar Land.

Florida - Tampa, South Orlando, Jacksonville.

New York - Queens, Bronx, Elizabeth NJ 

Others - Atlanta, Oak Park in Chicago, Kansas City, Detroit, Boston, Arlington in DC, Norfolk & perhaps Nashville.

My bet is you will find many more cities worthy of having a team of their own.     .

Attached File  wmlf4.gif   8.93KB   2 downloads

NPF FAN

NPF FAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

I'd like to see a team in Oklahoma City. It's home to the Women's College World Series and the National Softball Hall of Fame. If Houston can manage to avoid the black hole that the Charge apparently fell through, the teams could spark their own version of the Red River Shootout.

Definitely another team in the South, whether it's Atlanta, or Nashville, or Charlotte, or another city. Lots of places should have teams.

NPF%20Graveyard_zpsw3afgxu2.jpg

In-the-stands

In-the-stands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Add to that the following,

Detroit, Buffalo, Rochester, London (ON), Winnipeg, Calgary, Vancouver

NPF FAN

NPF FAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

I guess Houston found that blackhole after all...  :lol:

NPF%20Graveyard_zpsw3afgxu2.jpg

KCSoftball

KCSoftball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1440 posts

Really thought this would be a fun exercise for all?  Somewhere it is nice weather :) Sorry I-T-S, but don't like the cold weather!  If I had to pick only one place, I might put a team in Round Rock, near I35 & Hwy45.  I feel the people there would support a team.  

In-the-stands

In-the-stands

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Can't say I like it either....but there are lots of ball fans that are not permanently living in summer!! 

KCSoftball

KCSoftball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1440 posts

Oh darn, another 80's here today! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users