Welcome to Fastpitch Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Should Dawgs Celebrate Team USA Selections?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SpartanIlliniCub

SpartanIlliniCub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3808 posts

I was cruising around today and came across this post by the Scrapyard Dawgs:

EueUsh3.png

I am happy that these players have earned the honor of being able to represent their country at the Olympic games in 2020.  But I cannot help but think that these are the Dawgs' best players, and if they are playing for Team USA they won't be playing at the Scrapyard.  So should this team really be celebrating the leave of absence of their best players?  Should the Dawgs be celebrating Team USA selections?

KCSoftball

KCSoftball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
  • Interests:Fastpitch Softball and more Fastpitch Softball

Gonna be interesting this season. 5 Dawgs, 4 Pride & 3 Bandits on Team USA rosters. Maybe this will give the Racers a better shot at a Championship? Who knows maybe we will have an International Champion? 

NPF FAN

NPF FAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

If this is a signal that Team USA and the NPF are working together then why not celebrate it? Of course it'll have an impact on the NPF season, but it'll also gives some other players a chance to step up and make a name for themselves too.

KCSoftball

KCSoftball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts
  • Interests:Fastpitch Softball and more Fastpitch Softball

Big problem: Will fans attend games when the best players are not playing, or even in attendance? Don't think most fans will? If softball is put on the Paris 2024 roster will these NPF players stay with Team USA? I just don't see the NPF keeping the best players if they can go play on the USA Olympic Team. A player can make a lot of money off an Olympic Gold Medal!

Can't answer for anyone, but if softball was included in the 2012 Olympics would all those players have left Team USA for the NPF after 2008?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users