Welcome to Fastpitch Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Throwback 1998 WCWS Video!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

SpartanIlliniCub

SpartanIlliniCub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3872 posts

I was cruising around Twitter today and I found this sweet throwback WCWS video from the 1998 WCWS championship.  The clip is of a Fresno State's Nina Lundberg hitting a home run.  Fresno State won their first and only national title that year.

But the coolest part of the video is the first few seconds where it shows the teams that made the WCWS that year:

Arizona State

Florida

Florida State

Long Beach State

LSU

Miami

Mississippi State

Southern California

Lots of familiar teams like FLorida and LSU.  But a bunch of others we don't hear from often in the post season these days-- Miami and Long Beach State are the most prominent to me. And, of course, Souther California (better known as USC) has no softball team any longer!  My what a difference 20 years can make!

KCSoftball

KCSoftball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1469 posts
  • Interests:Fastpitch Softball and more Fastpitch Softball

Maimi & So Cal no longer field softball teams!  Shame......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users