Welcome to Fastpitch Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Danielle Lawrie Reduced to Pyramid Scheme Slinger

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

CatOsterFan

CatOsterFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

One of my favorite pitchers of all time is Danielle Lawrie.  Lawrie was a superstar pitcher for the Washington Huskies and led the team to a national title in 2009.  Lawrie pitched 1,190 innings, struck out 1860 batters, 1.56 strike out per inning ratio, had a 1.24 ERA, and 136-42 record in her career with the Huskies.  Lawrie also played with the USSSA Pride for 4 years and wound up with a 23-9 record, 254 innings, 259 strike outs, 1.01 strike out per inning ratio, and 2.59 ERA.

How sad I was to see that Lawrie, who is now a mother of 2, has been reduced to slinging skin care products for a barely legal pyramid scheme company called Rodan & Fields.  Here is her Twitter & Instagram post from today:

ZkWqd49.png

Gorgeous-- yes!  Beautiful without makeup-- yes!  But if you flip through the page you see that she posting to try and sell skin care products.  She should be finding ways to stay in the softball game or should be slinging her own products.  Even if she wanted to sell her own branded skin care products that's fine!  But Rodan & Fields is a bona fide multi level marketing scam and it's sad to see one of my favorite pitchers caught up in it.

KCSoftball

KCSoftball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1340 posts
  • Interests:Fastpitch Softball and more Fastpitch Softball

Hey, after your playing days are over, one has to find someway to make a living! Sure can't make it playing in a part time summer league! Maybe she doesn't want to be a assist coach or travel constantly putting on clinics week alter week trying to make money, it gets to be a real grind! At least she gets to stay home and raise her children! 

FaspitchPapa

FaspitchPapa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

I know Danielle Lawrie has kids.  If her spouse works full time it would be tough for her to work full time as well.  The real shame here is that for someone as talented as Danielle Lawrie, she is unable to make a living as a professional softball player and likely does not have a nest egg built up from her playing days to retire on. 

This must be especially tough for Danielle, who has an equally talented brother who played 6 years in major league baseball and had an average salary of $4.125 million dollars per year.  https://www.baseball...lawribr01.shtml

I hope Danielle can "sling" enough skin care products to cover that gap!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users