Welcome to Fastpitch Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Reports of Rebellion's Demise May Be Exaggerated

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SpartanIlliniCub

SpartanIlliniCub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3872 posts

The reports of the Pennsylvania Rebellion's demise may exaggerated... I just read through the recent NPF headlines and saw that earlier this month the Pennsylvania Rebellion signed former Tennessee 3B & OF four time first team All American standout Raven Chavanne.  As a senior at Tennessee Chavanne hit .435 with 7 home runs, 3 RBI, 70 runs and 41 stolen bases.

in 2013 Chavanne was also named to the SEC all defensive team and was a top 3 finalist for softball player of the year (which was won by Keilani Ricketts).  Chavanne was drafted 13th overall by the Chicago Bandits in 2013 but she spent the year with Team USA instead and never suited up for the Bandits. 

Which makes it all the more interesting that Raven would sign with the Rebellion for 2016... Others on this message board have said that the Rebellion as a team may not be long for this world... they have very few home games next season and were not supposed to be a particularly good team.  But with a big name signing like Chavanne the game has changed.  I don't think a top tier player like Chavanne would sign with a team that may be on the outs so soon.  And maybe the Rebellion have a chance at a winning record and a chance at winning a fan base if they have some star power with a player like Chavanne.

I'm sure the Bandits, who drafted her 3 years ago, would gladly have accepted her services on the team.  The Rebellion must either be paying her a very competitive salary or they must have convinced her that the team's long term prospects are decent enough for her to sign on.

All very interesting... I wonder how this move will shake out...

CatOsterFan

CatOsterFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

The NPF benefits from having plenty of strong teams.  I am happy to hear that the Rebellion are not just laying over and dying.  I really hope they find a way to be competitive this season.

I am watching the NHL playoffs right now and the teams are all very evenly matched and it makes the games all so exciting and fun to watch.  Normally I wouldn't care about a New York Islanders versus Tampa Bay Lightning game, but the teams are so even the games make for a great watch!  The NHL's competitive balance is amazing versus, say, the NBA where only 3 teams this season have a legitimate shot at the title (Golden State Warrior, San Antonio Spurs, and Cleveland Cavaliers) and the playoff matches are all unwatchable blowouts. 

When the teams are equal it makes for such a great product and it is tons of fun to watch. 

If the NPF can have more competitive balance it will make a on field product much more entertaining and the NPF has a chance to acquire more fans.

KCSoftball

KCSoftball

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1471 posts
  • Interests:Fastpitch Softball and more Fastpitch Softball

Say it ain't so:   Rebellion have folded: http://just-in-justi...llion-fold.html

It's all of our loss! The team has already been dropped from the NPF website. Something is just not right! Another "black eye" on the NPF!

jlurban

jlurban

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1506 posts

See the separate topic Pennsylvania Rebellion has folded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users