Welcome to Fastpitch Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Florida Girl Tears Up Little League

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

SpartanIlliniCub

SpartanIlliniCub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3808 posts
Chelsea Baker, a 12-year-old girl from Plant City Florida, just threw her second perfect Little League game (a perfect game is a no-hitter PLUS no walks allowed).

Chelsea has a sizzling 3-pitch repertoire including a 60 mph fastball, a curveball, and a knuckle ball. With a superior knuckle ball alone you can play in the majors! She has puzzled hitters all season long with her 3 pitches, but usually locates her fastball so well she doesn't even need breaking balls.

The Florida Little Leaguer has aspirations to play in college—where scouts say all you need is a 70mph fastball and a breaking pitch like a curve ball. So Chelsea is already close, even accounting for the boys catching up to her athletically in the next few years.

For more on this special athlete, read the complete article Plant City girl, 12, pitches second perfect Little League game.

amanda_cake

amanda_cake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
I wonder if she will continue playing baseball or if she will make the switch over to softball.
<3 Amanda Kate

SpartanIlliniCub

SpartanIlliniCub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3808 posts
From the article it looks like she is determined to stick to baseball. The article also states that there is one lady who scours the country looking for female baseball talent and she gathers them all on a special travel team that plays boys teams. Given the huge amount of colleges with baseball teams throughout Division I, II, and III, with her skill set she could definitely find a place to play.

I think its important for girls to show that they can play and succeed in baseball.

SnocatzDad

SnocatzDad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Plus there is the added incentive that the lowest paid pitcher in MLB makes more than the highest paid pitcher in fastpitch! (outside of endorsements of course) There is a difference between a career path and a hobby. Good for her.

jhbengals07

jhbengals07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
I think that she should play softball. Baseball is much more boring. It's only a matter of time before the mlb locks out and softball takes over! At least I can dream!
Perry Panthers 2010 Division I State Champions. Stark County Home of Champions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users