Welcome to Fastpitch Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Is the Force Finished?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SpartanIlliniCub

SpartanIlliniCub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts
There is still no elaboration on why the Force will not be in the NPF this year. The Force website only mentions a dispute with the NPF, and the NPF website has not mentioned it at all. I don't quite understand why the NPF would withhold information like this from all the Force fans out there. If neither side is mentioning details I have to speculate that the reason the Force are out this year is an extremely petty one on both sides.

I'm just upset on behalf of Force fans for the lack of an explanation.

amanda_cake

amanda_cake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
What is going to happen to the Force if they aren't part of the NPF? Will they still play any games or anything? Maybe games that aren't NPF-sanctioned?
<3 Amanda Kate

Tim

Tim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
We are fully planning to move forward and play in 2010 at our home field of ECTB Stadium in Allentown. We hope to have the issue with the NPF resolved in a timely manner.

Whatever that means.

Their PR and marketing efforts are a mess. The home page lists opportunities for internships...for Spring 2009 and promotions for events that occurred last August. Other than the cryptic message above, from January, there's nothing.

Oh, I stand corrected. They Tweeted 2 days ago about stuff for sale in their online store. It's almost as if they are TRYING to turn people off their product

Tim

Tim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
Did I mention that ECTB stadium, where they play, is actually about a 60 minute drive from Philadelphia? <_<

jlurban

jlurban

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

If the Force indeed fold, it would be a huge blow. Tom Kleinman, the team owner, has been a pioneer in promoting his team through the use of television, having produced well over 30 shows dedicated to his team since he took over the reins on February 28, 2007. He is a strong advocate of promoting the "star quality" of his playersunder his guidance, ace Katie Burkhart seemed poised for superstardom. Tom's presence in the NPF would be sorely missed.

Akronfan

Akronfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Well...they may have a team this year on some level but I doubt it will be in the NPF. They did not take part in the college draft, so that eliminates the influx of fresh new high calibre talent. And as I peruse their 2009 roster of 20 I see at least 6 players who have moved on to other NPF teams for this season. Emily Friedman and Jessica Sallinger (Bandits) Jami Lobpries and Megan Gibson (Diamonds) and Trena Peel and Clare Burnum (Racers) are the ones I know of. So maybe the rest with a few other free agents could put something together and play an independent schedule, but IMO unlikely.

SpartanIlliniCub

SpartanIlliniCub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts
I bet they could play a few games (exhibition?) against local small college, junior college, and perhaps high school teams. But I doubt they'll earn much money to justify the effort—especially with Burkhart and Gibson gone and no new talent.

sballer4life

sballer4life

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
Announcement from Force GM/owner Tom Klineman, posted 5/24/10, 10:23 AM EDT:

After much thought and effort, sadly we WILL NOT compete in the NPF this season. As many of you no doubt are aware, I entered an agreement to sell the franchise back in September of 2009. A formal closing was held and the only issue that did not happen was the payment. Needless to say from then until now we have endured much with the hope that the new owner to be could finalize the transaction.

Unfortunately, that never happened, in spite of several promises from the Buyer’s Investors. There will be MORE information forthcoming in June/July re: plans for 2011. Additionally, follow our site for news re: Camps and clinics this summer.

That is it for now and I look forward to seeing you all at the Stadium again as soon as possible.

Tom
Thomas Kleinman
GM/Owner
Philadelphia Force

SpartanIlliniCub

SpartanIlliniCub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3910 posts

I just looked at their website and nothing has been updated since 2007!

I checked out their facebook fan page and there was a slight variation of the above quote posted on the Philadelphia Force:

Fans: As many of you may be aware I sold the team to a new Investor back in September 2009. We went through a formal closing and funds were anticipated shortly thereafter. Unfortunately, the Buyer ran into some problems and although I made no legal commitment have endeavored to work with him. As of today, he still does... not have his money but recently informed me that he expected to close very soon. If that happens, we believe the NPF will welcome us back but that is subject to League approval. It is not too late for us to get up and running, as many will recall the Pride came on board last year in May!Please keep the Force Faith and support us by purchasing apparel from our website www.forcestuff.com Tom

Too bad the quote was in April 2010. The Force is finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users